ASF recognizes the impact that COVID-19 is having on your business and your members. We've been extensively reviewing the evolving situation, during this unprecedented pandemic.
Due to COVID-19, our industry is facing unprecedented challenges. Many clubs are temporarily—or, in some cases, permanently—closing their doors.
In doing our part to preserve your business and contribute to the sustainability and longevity of the industry we all love so dearly, we are making some changes to mitigate liability in these uncertain times. We are actively monitoring gym collections during this time and, unsurprisingly, we are seeing an increase in member chargebacks and/or refund demands.
Effective immediately, ASF will hold 10% of all membership collections in reserve until 30 days after the applicable facility has reopened and is operating under normal circumstances. Funds reserved on your account will be held and safeguarded for your benefit and, until released back to you, will only be used to pay chargebacks and/or refund demands raised from your members, or other fees that are owed to ASF from time to time. Doing this will prevent both you and ASF from being liable if or when members perform chargebacks and/or demand refunds through their credit card providers and automated clearing houses. The reserve funds will be released to you once the COVID-19 crisis is behind us.
We will continually monitor and reevaluate this policy as this industry crisis unfolds. This action is to help ensure that your business can weather the storm and be in the best possible position once clubs reopen.
We are happy to answer your questions. Please reach out to our Client Support team at 1-800-527-6898.
COVID-19 has forced our industry to quickly make significant changes to our business plans. Listening to feedback from our clients and understanding the shift in services, ASF has moved quickly to release this new product enhancement to our Scheduler application.
We're excited to announce that ASF clients can now schedule online streaming events using our Scheduler application.
• Login details and access information can be stored for each event
• Members can easily register for classes or training online
• Event details are emailed directly to them
This new product is free to all clients through August 1, 2020!
To get started, watch the video and call our Client Support team at 1-800-527-6898.
Not an ASF client yet? Contact our Sales team at 1-800-227-3859 to learn more.
The COVID-19 pandemic has forced businesses to rethink how they can survive during these unprecedented times.
Online training and classes have proven to be a significant resource for health clubs and martial arts studios.
However, you may be under the impression that it’s an expensive undertaking.
The reality is that you can stream classes and training with little or no money out of pocket using Facebook Groups, YouTube or Zoom.
Below is a link to an instructional video on how you can take advantage of these tools.
These are long term tools you can continue to use for your business in the future, once this pandemic subsides.
We're excited to announce a new program update to our Scheduler application that will allow you to book online training events is on the way.
Stay tuned for more tips by the end of the week.
We’ve received great feedback, suggestions, ideas and business tips from our clients. We will continue to share and hope you can implement them into your business plan.
Today, we’re going to dive into some more details and break down some of the suggestions we sent previously.
- Start by placing a message on the homepage of your website informing members about the status of your operations. Champion Boxing & Fitness has a good example of how to do this.
- Provide additional information. Ideally, have a link that takes the member to a page with more detailed information and updates. Champion Boxing & Fitness’ page is clean and easy to navigate.
- Create email campaigns with ASF’s software, My Club Business, to inform members of how you’re supporting them. FitWorks does a great job by offering members a free month added to their membership, in addition to the time they are mandated to close their doors.
- Offer members the opportunity to join virtual workouts during this pandemic. Again, Fitworks does an excellent job encouraging their members to stay healthy!
- Post workouts on your social media pages. Urge Fitness does a fantastic job with their Facebook page.
These are just a few suggestions our great ASF Community is contributing.
Want to share? Send us your ideas, suggestions and success stories to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will continue to provide more tips to help support your business and your members.
This is a stressful time for you and your customers. We hope that we can be helpful to you as you navigate the uncertain path of the COVID-19 virus and how it might impact your business in the coming weeks.
As we know, COVID-19 is a rapidly evolving situation and ASF has prepared a comprehensive business continuity plan to help you run and protect your business.
1) Our Customer Operations Member Services call center will remain available to you during our normal business hours. Member Services hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. MST
2) Out Customer Operations Client Support call center will remain available to you during our normal business hours. Client Support hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. MST
3) Our Customer Operations Tech Support call center will remain available to you during our normal business hours. Tech Support hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. MST. Additional after-hours support will remain available through our After-Hours portal.
4) Payment processing & Remit schedules will continue as scheduled. Any external banking factors will be communicated with you as soon as they are received.
5) Our Training Department will continue with all scheduled training appointments. With possible business suspensions, this is an opportune time to upgrade to your software to the newest applications at no additional charge. Contact our Training Department @ 1-800-527-6898 or email email@example.com.
Many clients have shared tips for protecting their business and we want to share some of those with you.
• Utilize social media and post several times a day, letting people know how you are taking steps to have your facility professionally cleaned.
• Publish a policy of how often your facility is cleaned and the increase since learning more about COVID-19.
• Gather testimonials from members that endorse the cleanliness of your facility.
• Post pictures of your staff, cleaning crew, and members, wiping down equipment.
• Post daily information regarding physical exercise and nutrition keeping the immune system intact.